If you enjoy working with a great group of professionals, are accurate, like a fast pace, and enjoy using your Journeyman Lineman or Utility tradesperson experience, then we have a role for you! Potelco seeks a great Safety and Training Coordinator to join the professional team at our company headquarters in Sumner, WA. If you enjoy the following, this is the role for you:
- Thriving in a team environment, with other highly talented and goal-oriented team members.
- Working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- with a flexible attitude, embracing opportunities for growth, and
- Making a positive difference in ensuring the safety of your colleagues.
Our benefits package includes competitive compensation doe, company paid medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your eligible dependents, and an excellent 401(k) match + more.
Present utility information and concepts to line crews in a classroom setting
- Develop and maintain training matrix for Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) topics.
- Develop and maintain training matrix for on-the-job training (OJT).
- Identify gaps in current training programs and execute plans to close those gaps to ensure safe operation.
- Collaborate with departments to develop training plans for EHS topics and OJT.
Develops, maintains, and provides electric utility training and organizational development for operation and maintenance crews
- Set expectations for safe, efficient project execution.
- Ensure compliance and understanding of all applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Learn and advise on local union, customer, and project safety requirements.
- Reinforces safety standards, safe work procedures, specific safety rules, and regulations.
- Complete periodic job site visits by documenting observations and opportunities for improvement.
- Work with subject matter experts to develop training content.
- Analyze accident reports and near misses to determine policy improvements
- Strongly prefer an individual with Journeyman Lineman experience
- Previous experience in and knowledge of electrical construction, maintenance and operation of utility transmission and distribution systems.
- Working knowledge of safety rules and work practices pertaining to transmission and distribution systems.
- Ability to enable and execute required operational and safety training in support of project needs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret:
- OSHA 1910.269 and WAC 296-45 electrical safety codes
- Electric utility construction standards and work practices
- Company policies and procedures
- Ability and self-confidence to stand in front of peers and present information and concepts in a clear way.
- Basic computer skills (additional on the job training is available)
- Ability to find, develop, and modify training information, write, and communicate effectively in presentations (in person, virtually, and/or audibly) to trainees.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other managers, employees, customers, auditors, and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to be flexible, highly organized with a strong orientation to detail/quality work.
- Strong interpersonal and speaking skills with an ability to connect to the training audience.
- Possess the ability to influence others.
- Prefer 2+ years of related experience and/or training (preferably as a Lineman Journeyman level)
Potelco provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please Fill Out The Information Below To Apply