Potelco, Inc., a subsidiary of Quanta West, LLC, is a leading full-service provider of power infrastructure, construction and support services in utility and energy contracting throughout the Pacific Northwest and neighboring states. We are proud to be working with some of the regions’ largest energy companies as we continue to modernize their electric systems, move towards de-carbonization, and maintain thousands of miles of overhead and underground lines serving millions of residential and commercial customers. If you enjoy the following, then we encourage you to apply as the Project Manager.
Summary: The Project Manager:
- manages high voltage transmission, distribution, and substation construction/maintenance projects;
- is in charge of planning, directing, or coordinating, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems; and
- will participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, staffing, subcontractors, safety, quality, and implementation.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
- Assist with managing project costs to stay within forecasted budget range.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, subcontractors, or engineers to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Execute corrective actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred
- At least 5 years of project management experience in the construction industry
- High-voltage powerline industry experience is preferred
- Must be willing to travel, short-term
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite with strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Must pass mandatory drug and alcohol screening(s).
More about Potelco: Founded in 1965, we specialize in engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) services which include: designing, estimating, material acquisition, project management, construction, emergency power restoration, system maintenance and similar services. Our expertise is in power, transmission, distribution and substation projects. We uphold high safety, productivity, and reliability standards as we work with our customers to provide both current and forward-thinking energy infrastructure, delivery and solutions.
Employment Equality Practices: Potelco Inc, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $79,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sumner, WA 98390: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)