Do you want to work locally for a comprehensive utilities service provider that values safety, continuous improvement, and high-quality customer service? Do you want to belong to an awesome group of professionals? Come join our Potelco team as a Payroll Specialist.
If you enjoy the following, this is the role for you:
- Thriving in a team environment, with other highly talented and goal-oriented team members.
- Working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- with a flexible attitude, embracing opportunities for growth.
- Analyzing large volumes of data
- Using advanced problem-solving abilities to detect errors
- Meeting set and firm deadlines
- Upload or key payroll hours, balance, check for accuracy
- Maintain compliance with various union agreements.
- Coordinate with payroll team and field offices.
- Weekly State and Federal Certified Payrolls and Davis Bacon reporting
- Various admin duties to include: Employment Verifications, I-9 tracking,
- validation in E-Verify, maintaining and updating electronic personnel records.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications – Excel skills Intermediate or above.
- Customer service experience dealing with a high volume of field personnel.
- Knowledge of federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Learn the Union contracts (including overtime rules, deductions & benefits)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Reliable and dependable, willing to work beyond normal hours when necessary
Preferred Experience & Education
- AA in accounting or 3 years in an accounting role.
- Job cost-based payroll & accounting software experience.
- Experience with Oracle/JDE accounting software
What we offer
- Competitive Wage DOE
- 401k with Employer match
- Performance based annual COLA and Bonus potential
- Employee & dependents 100% of premium covered medical, dental and vision
Please Fill Out The Information Below To Apply