Potelco seeks a strong Accounts Payable professional to join the team at our company headquarters in Sumner, WA. We are looking for an individual to provide:
- accurate entry of invoices with proper vendor and account coding.
- Scanning and indexing into Imaging software and routing to proper business units and personnel.
- Work proactively with vendors and internal personnel to manage inquiries and discrepancies.
Potelco was founded 55 years ago, we have experienced growth year after year. We currently employ approximately 1,200 employees in multiple states. Our benefits package includes company paid medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your eligible dependents, and an excellent 401(k) match + more.
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS/DUTIES:
- Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing vendors
- Ensure all invoices are reviewed and processed accurately, and in a timely manner meeting all discount and payment deadlines
- Process payments, and prepare daily/weekly payment logs
- Identify and resolve issues appropriately
- Reconcile monthly statements
- Match invoices to purchase orders and receipts
- Match invoices to checks and/or electronic payment
- Research and follow up with vendors and divisions on outstanding payments
- Research and resolve discrepancies with receipts, invoices, etc.
- Record manual payments such as ACH, Wire and Cashier’s Check payments
- Communicate internal and external issues accordingly
- Obtain proper approvals and other documents for expense reimbursement
- Support audit requests as necessary
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of Business, Finance and Accounting practices
- Knowledge of standard Accounting policies and procedures
- Knowledge of different types of accounting and AR/AP software systems
- Knowledge and experience with banking platforms and positive pay files a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently, and collaboratively within a team environment
- Adherence to tight deadlines and quick turnaround for accounting deliverables
- Ability to multi-task, and ensure tasks are completed thoroughly and correctly
- Strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Outstanding organizational skills, with meticulous attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, employees, and customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General computer skills
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Education or Equivalent
- 2 Years of Relative Accounting or Accounts Payable Experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Equivalent
- 3+ Years of Relative Accounting or Accounts Payable Experience
Potelco provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please Fill Out The Information Below To Apply