If you enjoy working with a great group of professionals, enjoy using your leadership, technical and estimating skills in a fast paced energy services company, then we have a role for you! Potelco seeks a great Senior Estimator to join the professional team at our company headquarters in Sumner, WA and working both in office and in the field. If you enjoy the following, we encourage you to apply.
About us: Potelco, Inc., a subsidiary of Quanta West, LLC, is a leading full-service provider of power infrastructure, construction and support services in utility and energy contracting throughout the Pacific Northwest and neighboring states. We are proud to be working with some of the regions’ largest energy companies as we continue to modernize their electric systems, move towards de-carbonization, and maintain thousands of miles of overhead and underground lines serving millions of residential and commercial customers.
Potelco seeks a Senior Estimator based in our Sumner headquarters building to lead and manage the estimating team while working with management to assist in the development of technical scope of work and independently develop cost estimates and resource requirements for overhead distribution, transmission, and substation electrical utility construction projects. Here’s more about this role:
· Assist with the request for proposal (RFP) preparation, evaluations, project specifications, & pricing schedules, pre-approval project estimates
· Develop and coach estimating staff to achieve goals and drive improvement
· Work with the Proposal Coordinator to ensure RFP meets or exceeds requirements
· Assist project team in scoping of projects for engineering, construction, and contract requirements
· Assist with the development of detailed post-approval project estimates
· Represent Company in meetings with customer
· Monitor and evaluate post-award bid performance
· Provide expert judgment of costs to support competitive bid and negotiated contracts
· Work with senior management to set work pursuit strategy
· Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division or project management
Required Experience & Qualifications:
· Minimum of 5 years project estimating, construction management, or similar construction field
· Thorough knowledge of high voltage construction (Overhead, Underground, Transmission, Substation and Distribution) and estimating experience
· Knowledge of design, estimating, construction, finance, and project management
· Read and understand blueprints, drawings, scaling, legends, etc.
· Work independently and meet deadlines
· Anticipate and meet internal customer needs, maintaining confidentiality
· Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards and activities.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks
· Ability to travel as needed (approximately 25%)
· Effective communication (oral, written, presentation, listening)
· Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle driving record (MVR)
· 10 years of related experience
· Experience in B2W Estimate software
More about Potelco: Founded in 1965, we specialize in engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) services which include: designing, estimating, material acquisition, project management, construction, emergency power restoration, system maintenance and similar services. Our expertise is in power, transmission, distribution and substation projects. We uphold high safety, productivity, and reliability standards as we work with our customers to provide both current and strategic, forward-thinking energy infrastructure, delivery and solutions.
Equality: Potelco provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $125,000.00 – $170,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person